This week we enjoyed a fun evening with Nash’s best friend Addison and her family. I loved watching the two of them play outside long after they should have been in bed sleeping, but it’s summertime, and that’s how we roll in the summertime!
Oh to be a kid during summertime! Watching Nash enjoy the summer brings a flood of memories to my mind of my childhood summers. Some of my most favorite memories are…
- catching fireflies in mason jars
- running barefoot in the grass
- playing in the “big creek”
- The sound of my parents laughing by the campfire long after I went to bed
- The hum of the attic fan and breeze it pulled in from the open screened in windows
- The smell of dirt
- Going to Stealey Pool and the smell of the chlorine on your skin on the drive home
- long car ride vacations “out west”
- playing in the shade of the woods for hours at a time
- swinging from “the tree”
- Seeing Yellowstone the first time
- camping at the beach
- heading to Camp Cowen
The list could go on and on and on…What are some of your most favorite childhood summertime memories?
Girl, I used to love to catch fireflies in mason jars!! We did that all summer long growing up in Tupelo, MS…and I still remember the smell on honeysuckle in the air as we would walk around the circle that I grew up on! Ahhhh…love summertime memories!!
OH. MY. GOSH. TOO too cute! Its like true love in toddlerville!
Nash is just too stinkin’ cute! I love the photos. His personality just shines!
Even though I am MUCH older than you, I too, caught fireflies (lightening bugs) in a Mason jar. Other memories include making homemade ice cream with a hand crank freezer, the long drive to Ft. Lauderdale to visit relatives, ping pong tournaments on the screened porch with my brothers and friends, mission trips “up north” with my youth group, and so many others….
Would love to see you guys soon!!
summer is so so sweet. I look forward to sweet days next week with you and the rest! Love abounds thanks to the Lord.