This week we enjoyed a fun evening with Nash’s best friend Addison and her family. I loved watching the two of them play outside long after they should have been in bed sleeping, but it’s summertime, and that’s how we roll in the summertime!
Oh to be a kid during summertime! Watching Nash enjoy the summer brings a flood of memories to my mind of my childhood summers. Some of my most favorite memories are…
- catching fireflies in mason jars
- running barefoot in the grass
- playing in the “big creek”
- The sound of my parents laughing by the campfire long after I went to bed
- The hum of the attic fan and breeze it pulled in from the open screened in windows
- The smell of dirt
- Going to Stealey Pool and the smell of the chlorine on your skin on the drive home
- long car ride vacations “out west”
- playing in the shade of the woods for hours at a time
- swinging from “the tree”
- Seeing Yellowstone the first time
- camping at the beach
- heading to Camp Cowen
The list could go on and on and on…What are some of your most favorite childhood summertime memories?